6 Magento E-Commerce Trends to Follow in 2018
Magento, since its foundation in 2007, has seen its share of ups and downs but through continued persistence and a strong will to survive it has turned out to be the most successful e-commerce development company among business world in the recent years and will continue to do so in 2018 and well beyond that.
Magento basically provides a sophisticated e-commerce platform, easy to navigate for users and operate for owners. What gives Magento an edge over its competition is its ability to increase user engagement and improve conversions by providing a variety of user-friendly options and an ease to access them.
Speaking of user-friendly options, below are listed some of the hottest Magento trends of this year which will continue to dominate in 2018. Be sure to follow them.
- Chatterbots- are basically chatting robots which are designed to engage users interest by providing useful info and solving queries in real time via auditory or textual methods. It recognises keywords the user inputs and responds with a pre-programmed answer in order to move the conversation forward in a meaningful way.
- Omni-presence- everything is interconnected in today’s world, thanks to technology, why should our shopping experience be any different. Another hot feature added by Magento is allowing the users to be present in various shopping sites at once and the freedom to access these sites from any device.
- Mobile connectivity- smartphones are getting smarter by day and those who embrace it are far ahead in the race for modernisation. Magento grabbed this opportunity early on by making its software mobile-friendly and providing the users hassle-free experience of shopping anywhere, anytime.
- Live video feed- live video chat is another revolutionary idea implemented by Magento which has escalated the user experience tenfold since its introduction. Just the idea of another person live streaming the demonstration of his product is intriguing. One can also ask questions and clear doubts in real time thus building trust.
- Using social media- this feature works in collaboration with social media sites by providing links to your searched items on social media (this is called indirect marketing) for reconsideration purposes. You can also tag the product to your friends and it also provides ‘easy to purchase’ options which are just a few clicks away.
- Push notifications- this process works by re-engaging your visitors by providing them with an option to accept notifications for future. These notifications contain the information of newly launched products or offers/discounts, reviews from authentic users on items viewed, alerting them of pending items in shopping card and informing them about the delivery details of their products.
Magento has been a leading software company in e-commerce development for many years and a trusted name among famous brands such as Coca-Cola and Burger-King. Evaluating its growth over the years, it is safe to assume that the future of Magento is bright and the new features it introduces every year to stay on top are nothing less than icing on the cake. Stay connected to remain in touch with the future of e-commerce.