Top Reasons to Migrate to Magento Store
Magento, the world’s biggest e-commerce platform, offers tons of options for customization and integration to its users along with full flexibility and control in order to operate efficiently as well as support rapid growth. No wonder, it’s the prime choice of over 200,000 retailers worldwide ranging from small business owners to e-commerce giants. First released in 2008, Magento has outgrown its competition long ago and proved its dominance by satisfying all online shopping preferences.
Currently, there are 3 versions of Magento Development platforms available in the market.
- Magento Community Edition or Magento CE is the free version which is built using the open-source software and provides hundreds of themes, templates and plugins that are absolutely free to use and offer a full range of functions to fulfil every need of the store owners such as site design, payments, shipping, products and much more.
- Magento Enterprise Edition or Magento EE is the paid version of the e-commerce platform which allows the easy set-up and management of high-quality search results in more than 30 languages along with certain business management tools such as Drag and Drop Tools, Easy Product Creation, intuitive Admin Interface etc.
- Magento Go is also a hosted, SAAS service provider which is more suitable for small and emerging businesses that prefer a simple online store without the complexity of managing servers and software. Even the cost of purchasing and maintaining this robust platform is also kept bare minimum to assist small-scale retailers.
Apart from this, Magento offers its own marketplace to its consumers known as Magento Connect where one can get thousands of free and paid extensions befitting their every need as an entrepreneur. And believe me, this is just the start.
Magento community offers so many features that it’s difficult to include everything in this post. Still, I will try to include as many top reasons as possible as to why you should consider migrating to Magento if you haven’t already done so.
The first and foremost reason lies in its basic structure which is designed to house your overall online presence and offers a complete out-of-the-box solution to all your e-commerce related queries including dozens of specialized tools to let you manage shipping costs, discounts, wishlists etc.
The Magento Dashboard
Magento dashboard provides a major benefit to retailers who are in the continuous lookout for ways to improve the performance of their e-commerce store as it comes power-packed with a vastly improved layout, professionally designed themes and templates, and a wide array of data visualization tools.
Single Page Checkout
The user-friendly checkout process of Magento allows its customers to place orders with few steps apart from helping in reducing the cart abandonment rates and improved conversions. It even allows guest users to easily create an account directly from the order page (of course registered users have single-step checkout options)
Magento Product Types
The control and flexibility Magento gives over your products is incredibly enticing. Check out for yourself
- Simple Products (no variations over color or size)
- Configurable Products (inventory for one product’s multiple options)
- Grouped Products (collection of simple products)
- Virtual Products (basically services that you offer)
- Bundled Products (combo of simple or virtual products)
- Downloadable Products (all online downloadable things)
The built-in full-page cache is one of Magento’s strongest feature that supports up to Varnish 4.0 with HHVM 3.6 which further compiles PHP code on the fly. It also allows database sharing through the functional area by the product information to be stored in different DB server that can be retrieved at a much faster pace.
Magento with the help of the PHP package manager lets everything specific to the module to be handled directly from a single directory. This, in turn, allows easy customization as well as maintenance of that customization by separating the business and presentation logic even during the installing of product patches.
Multiple Store Management
Another key feature that Magento is known for is its capability to host multiple websites with a single back-end admin panel. In simple words, with Magento, you will be able to easily manage numerous stores, offer the same products, share same categories but with the freedom to choose different prices and languages.
Collaboration with Google
Magento allows you to run your e-commerce store successfully by keeping track of visitors and sales with the help of certain Google services it has conceived through collaboration namely-
a) Google Analytics furnishes you with relevant data obtained through significant metrics such as lead rates, campaign results, conversion rates etc.
b) Google Checkout, an online payment processing service, has integrated with Magento to simplify the process of online purchase for its users.
c) Google Base keep track of your best-performing products along with optimizing your shopping feed’s title, categories, descriptions etc.
As we have seen above, Magento gives us more than enough reasons to migrate. Some we have seen above, others include advanced search, layered navigation, product comparison, SEO performance and much more. As an open source software, it is updated on a regular basis by designers which means an endless supply of new features for you along with support from the much larger Magento Community. So, what are you waiting for, hire Magento developer, and be on towards your journey to success.